Celebrity Equinox becomes first Solstice Class ship to undergo Celebrity Revolution
Celebrity Cruises announced the Celebrity Equinox will become the first Solstice Class ship to receive upgrades and enhancements under the Celebrity Revolution program.
Celebrity Equinox’s bow-to-stern modernization began on May 4, 2019, in Cadiz, Spain and take 29 days.
The Equinox will see the following enhancements:
- The addition of The Retreat for suite guests, including The Retreat Sundeck, an exclusive sun-soaked hideaway, and The Retreat Lounge (formerly Michael’s Club)
- Qsine (formerly Silk Harvest) will feature both the brand-exclusive Le Petit Chef and Friends and the original Le Petit Chef, two amazing dining experiences developed in partnership with TableMation and Skullmapping that bring the tabletop to life using innovative 4k technology
- A completely reimagined Passport Bar, perfect for mixing and mingling before and after dinner
- An exciting new creation, Craft Social (formerly Gastrobar), a casual spot featuring more than 40 craft beers, wine and cocktails on tap, mouthwatering comfort food favorites, flat-screen TVs, and inviting leather seating
- Refreshed staterooms and suites ship-wide with stunning enhancements designed with guest comfort in mind, now all featuring Celebrity’s exclusive eXhale bedding collection with luxurious king-sized Cashmere mattresses
- The launch of an exciting new partnership with the Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science, featuring S.T.E.M.-focused activations and unique, first-at-sea programming offered as part of the popular Camp at Sea for young cruisers
- The interactive programming focuses on two science topics – one on the identification of and solutions related to microplastics and another on the importance and diversity of plankton to the Earth’s oceans and the environment
- Impressive digital enhancements across the ship, such as the addition of RFID lock technology and pervasive Xcelerate Wi-Fi
- Guests will also now be able to experience the brand’s industry-first facial recognition technology with the implementation of the Celebrity Cruises app, which enables smooth port arrival and expedited boarding, plus additional features including guest-to-guest chat and digital room keys
- Unique new treatments and products offered at The Spa by Canyon Ranch, including three new Signature Couples’ treatments, Dyson Supersonic blow-outs at the Canyon Ranch Blow-Out Bar, Mink and Rapid Lash services, and new customized facials by Reveal Machine, among others
- World-class retail offerings, including John Hardy Boutique, Kate Spade, and a new watch boutique featuring Shinola, Hublot and other Swiss watch brands.
Celebrity Equinox is just the third revolutionary revitalization for the brand. Celebrity Silhouette is next, scheduled for completion on January 31, 2020, with five more ships to be modernized by 2023.